Thursday, October 16, 2008

Custom LaDainian Tomlinson McFarlane Figure

UPDATE: My LT custom was named "Custom of the Month" by (Sports Toyz)! I was very excited when Elijah told me and very honored. Check out his site (here).

This was a request I received from a board member at spawn.com. McFarlane makes plenty of Tomlinson figures but does not make any collegiate figures. This customer wanted Tomlinson sporting the purple & black of Texas Christian University.

This is an example of Custom Repaint.

It started as Willie Parker:
(click any of the images to enlarge)
















Here is the feedback I received from my customer:

"I just picked LT up from my condo office. It looks more amazing in person than it did in the pictures. Thank you so much for doing such a fantastic job. It definitely will be the centerpiece of my collection and you'll be getting more work from me in the future!"

Are you ready to add to your collection or give that perfect gift for your sports fan? Email me at 4StarCustoms@gmail.com with your idea and I'll get back to you with a quote. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice TCU custom. Question for you. do you only use clear decal paper, looks like you used white decal paper. I've heard it's harder to use the white compared to the clear. Also how did you do the helmet. what type of paint did you use? did you paint the whole helmet purple then apply the decals. Looks hella good.

Jeremy said...

I'm glad you like it! This custom was done with all white decals. I only use the clear decals when working with a white surface. The white is bit thicker than the clear which can make tougher to use on rougher surfaces.

I just used regular acrylic paints. Everything was hand painted - no airbrushing. The whole helmet was painted first and then decaled after - carefully cutting around the outline of the decal.

NYfan said...

I've always loved these, and hand painted that's crazy! This LT figure gave me an idea for one of my favorite NBA players. How about a Lebron James figure in a home New York Knicks uniform. Would there be a licensing issue?

NYfan said...

How much would a custom figure cost? I'm not a huge fan of the 10" figures, I love the figures you have on this site.

Anonymous said...

i wana by one today