Thursday, June 28, 2012

Roger Staubach - Dallas Cowboys - custom McFarlane Sportspick figure

My customer was not happy with McFarlane's NFL Legends Staubach figure. I had to agree with him. When I first saw the pictures it looked like Staubach should be flying a kite or something. My customer wanted a more drop-back passing pose more fitting of Staubach.

I was able to salvage the head and legs from the original Staubach figure and with a torso/arm swap we came up with a great pose for Captain Comeback.


2 comments:

Edju said...

Jeremy - this looks great. Curious, what was Staubach supposed to be doing in the original McFarlane release? Maybe he was going for a catch after a handoff? In any case, nice work!

Jeremy said...

Thanks Edju. NO idea what McFarlane was going for in the original. My customer was extremely disappointed with how TMP handled Staubach's figure which is why he was willing to pay to have a more authentic Staubach. I love their figures to death but sometimes I just have to shake my head.